作夢者班/做夢者班 II

本論壇自 2009 起分享南開諾布仁波切之教法,目前歸屬於象雄文化。Email: dreamworkforum@gmail.com

A Dreamer/practioner 之謬思;《做夢的藝術》重新翻譯

Being-in-Dreaming、The Wheel of Time、The Art of Dreaming 等書札記、摘譯與翻譯;個人夢修心得整理。

卡斯塔尼達《做夢的藝術》校譯版 (2)-5

文章SW » 2012-03-13, 17:14

"I lent you my energy, and you reached your energy body," don Juan said matter-of-factly.
I heard him talk, but I was numb. An unusual itching on my solar plexus kept my breaths short and painful. I knew that I had been on the verge of finding something transcendental about dreaming and about the people I had seen, yet I could not bring whatever I knew into focus.

「發生了什麼事,唐望?」我虛弱的問。(原文無)
「我把我的能量借給你,而你達到了你的能量體。」唐望就事論事地說。
我聽到他講話,但我呆呆的。一股不尋常的騷癢在我太陽神經叢(solar plexus,胃部),使我呼吸急促而疼痛。我知道我已經在發現關於做夢和我看到的人超驗(transcendental)部分的邊緣,然而我卻無法讓任何我所知道的更清晰明確。

"Where were we, don Juan?" I asked. "Was it all a dream? A hypnotic state?"
"It wasn't a dream," he replied. "It was dreaming. I helped you reach the second attention so that you would understand intending as a subject not for your reason but for your energy body.
"At this point, you can't yet comprehend the import of all this, not only because you don't have sufficient energy but because you're not intending anything. If you were, your energy body would comprehend immediately that the only way to intend is by focusing your intent on whatever you want to intend. This time I focused it for you on reaching your energy body."

「我們在哪裡,唐望?」我問,「那全是個夢嗎?一種催眠狀態?」
「那不是一個夢,」他回答,「那是做夢。我幫助你達到第二注意力,如此你可以瞭解,意願不是給你的理性、而是給你的能量體的課題。
「在這點上,你還不能瞭解所有這一切的含義(import),不僅是因為你沒有足夠的能量,也因為你沒有意願任何事。你如果有的話,你的能量體會立刻瞭解,去意願的唯一方法,就是集中你的意願於任何你想要意願的事情上。這次我為你集中意願於達到你的能量體。」

"Is the goal of dreaming to intend the energy body?" I asked, suddenly empowered by some strange reasoning.
"One can certainly put it that way," he said. "In this particular instance, since we're talking about the first gate of dreaming, the goal of dreaming is to intend that your energy body becomes aware that you are falling asleep. Don't try to force yourself to be aware of falling asleep. Let your energy body do it. To intend is to wish without wishing, to do without doing.

「做夢的目標是去意願能量體嗎?」我問,突然被某種奇怪的推論所激發。
「人肯定可以這麼說,」他說,「在這個特定的實例中,由於我們所討論的是做夢的第一道關口,做夢的目標是去意願你的能量體,開始覺察到你正睡著。不要試圖强迫你自己去覺察入睡,讓你的能量體去做。去意願就是不期望的期望——無為而為。」

"Accept the challenge of intending," he went on. "Put your silent determination, without a single thought, into convincing yourself that you have reached your energy body and that you are a dreamer. Doing this will automatically put you in the position to be aware that you are falling asleep."

「接受意願的挑戰,」他繼續說道,「把你無聲的意願——不起一念地——全面用於說服你自己:你已經達到你的能量體,以及你是一個做夢者。這麼做會自動把你放入去覺察你正入睡的情況。」

"How can I convince myself that I am a dreamer when I am not?"
"When you hear that you have to convince yourself, you automatically become more rational. How can you convince yourself you are a dreamer when you know you are not? Intending is both the act of convincing yourself you are indeed a dreamer, although you have never dreamt before, and the act of being convinced."

「我要如何說服我自己我是個做夢者,而我又不是?」
「當你聽到你必須說服你自己時,你就自動變得更理性了。你如何才能說服你自己是個做夢者,當你知道你不是?去意願就是說服你自己你確實是個做夢者——儘管你從未做夢過,以及被說服兩個行動。」

"Do you mean I have to tell myself I am a dreamer and try my best to believe it? Is that it?"
"No, it isn't. Intending is much simpler and, at the same time, infinitely more complex than that. It requires imagination, discipline, and purpose. In this case, to intend means that you get an unquestionable bodily knowledge that you are a dreamer. You feel you are a dreamer with all the cells of your body."

「你的意思是我必須告訴自己我是一個做夢者,並盡我最大的努力去相信它?是這樣嗎?」
「不,不是的,意願要簡單多了,而同時又比那更加複雜得多。它需要想像力、訓練和目的,在這種情況下,去意願意指你獲得一個不容置疑的身體的知識——知道你是一個做夢者,你以你身體的全部細胞感覺你是一個做夢者。」

Don Juan added in a joking tone that he did not have sufficient energy to make me another loan for intending and that the thing to do was to reach my energy body on my own. He assured me that intending the first gate of dreaming was one of the means discovered by the sorcerers of antiquity for reaching the second attention and the energy body.

唐望以開玩笑的口氣補充說,對於意願,他沒有足夠的能量再借給我一次了,而要做的事是靠我自己去達到能量體。他跟我保證,意願做夢的第一關,是古典巫士對於達到第二注意力和能量體所發現的方法之一。

After telling me this, he practically threw me out of his house, commanding me not to come back until I had intended the first gate of dreaming.
I returned home, and every night for months I went to sleep intending with all my might to become aware that I was falling asleep and to see my hands in my dreams. The other part of the task - to convince myself that I was a dreamer and that I had reached my energy body - was totally impossible for me.

告訴我這個之後,他就把我趕出他的屋子,命令我不要回來,直到我意願到做夢的第一關為止。
我回到家,接著幾個月的每個晚上,我上床睡覺都竭盡所能地意願,能夠覺察到我正入睡,以及在我夢中看我的手。這個任務的另一部分——去說服我自己我是個做夢者,以及我已達到我的能量體——對我來說是完全不可能的。
SW
系統管理員

文章: 4323
註冊時間: 2012-03-05, 16:23
來自: 台灣台北

卡斯塔尼達《做夢的藝術》校譯版 (2)-6

Then, one afternoon while taking a nap, I dreamt I was looking at my hands. The shock was enough to wake me up. It proved to be a unique dream that could not be repeated. Weeks went by, and I was unable either to become aware that I was falling asleep or to find my hands. I began to notice, however, that I was having in my dreams a vague feeling that there was something I should have been doing but could not remember. This feeling became so strong that it kept on waking me up at all hours of the night.

於是,有個下午睡午覺時,我夢到我正看著我的手,震撼到把我驚醒,〔但〕證實只是個獨特的夢而不能重複,幾個禮拜過去,我既無法覺察到我正睡著,也沒有找到手。然而我卻開始注意到,在我夢中有一個模糊的感覺,好像有什麼事我應該做卻不記得。這種感覺變得如此强烈,以至於我整個晚上一直被弄醒。

When I told don Juan about my futile attempts to cross the first gate of dreaming, he gave me some guidelines. "To ask a dreamer to find a determined item in his dreams is a subterfuge," he said. "The real issue is to become aware that one is falling asleep. And, strange as it may seem, that doesn't happen by commanding oneself to be aware that one is falling asleep but by sustaining the sight of whatever one is looking at in a dream."

當我告訴唐望我試圖跨越做夢的第一關沒希望時,他給了我一些指導方針。「要求做夢者在他夢中尋找一項目標物是個藉口,」他說,「真正的問題是要能覺察到他正睡著。而這可能看來奇怪,靠命令他自己去覺察他正睡著並不會發生,而是靠不管他在夢中看著什麼,維持住這個景象。」

He told me that dreamers take quick, deliberate glances at everything present in a dream. If they focus their dreaming attention on something specific, it is only as a point of departure. From there, dreamers move on to look at other items in the dream's content, returning to the point of departure as many times as possible.

他告訴我,做夢者快速而從容地瞥視一切出現在夢中的事物。如果他們將其做夢注意力集中於某個特定事物上,它也只是作為一個出發點,從那裡,做夢者轉而注視夢中物品的其他項目,盡可能多次地回到這個出發點。

夢中找手跟觀察自己入睡是兩個不同世界,我一度以為唐望說的是夢中知道自己在睡,那用 sleeping 就好了,不用使用 falling asleep、is falling asleep。但維持住夢中景象為何可以覺察自己入睡?除非英文錯了,要改成 「The real issue is to become aware that one is sleeping.」?

After a great effort, I indeed found hands in my dreams, but they never were mine. They were hands that only seemed to belong to me, hands that changed shape, becoming quite nightmarish at times. The rest of my dreams' content, nonetheless, was always pleasantly steady. I could almost sustain the view I of anything I focused my attention on.

經過很大的努力,我真的在我夢中找到手了,但它們從來不是我的手。這手只是好像屬於我,這變形的手有時還會變得相當可怕。不過我夢中的其他東西總是令人驚喜地穩定,我幾乎可以維持住我所集中注意力的任何景象(view)。

It went on like this for months, until one day when my capacity to dream changed seemingly by itself. I had done nothing special besides my constant earnest determination to be aware that I was falling asleep and to find my hands.

像這樣持續了幾個月,直到有一天我的做夢能力似乎自己改變。我沒有做什麼特別的事,除了不斷以誠摯的決心要覺察自己正在入睡,然後找到我的手。

I realistically walked in that town until I was completely exhausted. I saw everything I could have seen had I been a tourist walking through the streets of a city. And there was no difference whatsoever between that dream walk and any walk I had actually taken on the streets of a city I visited for the first time.

我如實境般走進那個市鎮,直到我完全筋疲力竭為止。我觀看一切我能夠看的,我就好像遊客走遍城市的大街小巷。而夢中行走,跟我任何一次初次造訪一個城市確實走在街上之間,並沒有任何不同。

"I think you went a bit too far," don Juan said after listening to my account. "All that was required was your awareness of falling asleep. What you've done is equivalent to bringing a wall down just to squash a mosquito sitting on it."
"Do you mean, don Juan, that I flubbed it?"

「我覺得你有點過頭了,」在聽了我的描述後唐望說,「所有這一切需要的是你對入睡的覺察。你所做的等於只是為了壓扁停在牆上的一隻蚊子,把整面牆弄倒了。」
「唐望,你是說我搞砸了?」

"No. But apparently you're trying to repeat something you did before. When I made your assemblage point shift and you and I ended up in that mysterious city, you were not asleep. You were dreaming, but not asleep, meaning that your assemblage point didn't reach that position through a normal dream. I forced it to shift.
"You certainly can reach the same position through dreaming, but I wouldn't advise you to do that at this time."

「不是,但很明顯地你是想重複之前你所做的。當我使你的聚合點移動,結果你和我進入那個神秘的城市,〔那時〕你並沒有睡著。你是在做夢,但不是睡著,這表示你的聚合點並沒有透過一般的夢而移到那個位置,是我强迫它移動的。
「你當然可以透過做夢而達到同樣的位置,但我不會建議你在這時候這麼做。」

"Is it dangerous?"
"And how! Dreaming has to be a very sober affair. No false movement can be afforded. Dreaming is a process of awakening, of gaining control. Our dreaming attention must be systematically exercised, for it is the door to the second attention."

「這危險嗎?」
「又怎樣!做夢必須是非常嚴肅的事,負擔不起任何錯誤行動。做夢是一個覺醒(awakening)的過程——獲得控制的過程。我們的做夢注意力必須要有系統地鍛鍊,因為它是進入第二注意力之門。」
SW
系統管理員

卡斯塔尼達《做夢的藝術》校譯版 (2)-7

"What's the difference between the dreaming attention and the second attention?"
"The second attention is like an ocean, and the dreaming attention is like a river feeding into it. The second attention is the condition of being aware of total worlds, total like our world is total, while the dreaming attention is the condition of being aware of the items of our dreams."

「做夢注意力與第二注意力有何不同?」
「第二注意力就像海洋,而做夢注意力就像流入其中的一條河。第二注意力覺察全體世界的情況,全體像我們的世界就是全體,然而做夢注意力則是覺察我們夢中事項的情況。」

He heavily stressed that the dreaming attention is the key to every movement in the sorcerers' world. He said that among the multitude of items in our dreams, there exist real energetic interferences, things that have been put in our dreams extraneously, by an alien force. To be able to find them and follow them is sorcery.

他極力强調,做夢注意力是巫士世界(sorcerers' world)一切行動的關鍵。他說在我們夢中的衆多事項中,存在著真實的能量干擾——已被異類(alien)力量置入我們夢中的外來事物。能夠找出它們、尾隨它們的就是巫術(sorcery)。

The emphasis he put on those statements was so pronounced I that I had to ask him to explain them. He hesitated for a moment before answering.
"Dreams are, if not a door, a hatch into other worlds," he began. "As such, dreams are a two-way street. Our awareness goes through that hatch into other realms, and those other realms send scouts into our dreams."

他對這個說法的强調是如此明確,所以我必須請他解釋一下。回答之前他遲疑了片刻。
「夢,即使不是一道門,也是進入其他世界的一個艙口(hatch),」他開始說,「因此,夢是一條雙行道。我們的意識經由這艙口進入其他領域,而其他領域也會派斥候(scouts)進入我們的夢。」

"What are those scouts?"
"Energy charges that get mixed with the items of our normal dreams. They are bursts of foreign energy that come into our dreams, and we interpret them as items familiar or unfamiliar to us."

「那些斥候是什麼呢?」
「能量突擊(charges),其與我們平常夢中的事項混在一起。它們是進入我們夢中外來能量的突發,而我們會把它解釋為對我們而言熟悉或陌生的事物。」

"I am sorry, don Juan, but I can't make heads or tails out of your explanation."
"You can't because you're insisting on thinking about dreams in terms known to you what occurs to us during sleep. And I am insisting on giving you another version a hatch into other realms of perception. Through that hatch, currents of unfamiliar energy seep in. Then the mind or the brain or whatever takes those currents of energy and turns them into parts of our dreams."

「對不起,唐望,但我弄不清楚你的解釋的來龍去脈。」
「你不懂是因爲你堅持根據你的所知——我們在睡眠期發生什麼——來考量夢,而我堅持要給你另一種說法——進入其他感知領域的艙口。透過那艙口,陌生的能量流(currents)會滲進來,然後我們的心或腦或諸如此類的,會接受那些能量流,變成我們夢的一部分。」

He paused, obviously to give my mind time to take in what he was telling me. "Sorcerers are aware of those currents of foreign energy," he continued. "They notice them and strive to isolate them from the normal items of their dreams."
"Why do they isolate them, don Juan?"
"Because they come from other realms. If we follow them to their source, they serve us as guides into areas of such mystery that sorcerers shiver at the mere mention of such a possibility."

他停下來,顯然是給我心智有時間去消化他所告訴我的。「巫士覺察到那些外來能量流,」他接著說,「他們注意到它們,並努力把它們從他們夢中正常事項中隔離出來。」
「他們爲什麼要隔離它們,唐望?」
「因爲它們來自其他領域。如果我們尾隨它們到其來源處,它們便形同我們進入這類神秘的嚮導,而如此的可能性是巫士只要一提及就會發抖的。」

"How do sorcerers isolate them from the normal items of their dreams?"
"By the exercise and control of their dreaming attention. At one moment, our dreaming attention discovers them among the items of a dream and focuses on them, then the total dream collapses, leaving only the foreign energy."

「巫士如何把它們從夢中正常事項中隔離出來呢?」
「藉著鍛鍊和控制他們的做夢注意力。在某一刻,我們的做夢注意力能從夢中事項當中發現它們,並專注在它們身上,那麼這整個夢就會瓦解,只留下外來的能量。」

這些我在練習做夢的藝術第三關時,經常對夢中覺得怪異(不大協調或不應該出現或長得很怪)的東西,用小指頭指並大喊我要看見能量。有幾次對我鎖定的目標會爆炸,或者一直變形,有一次變成一隻黑貓咬住我的手,但無論如何,夢場景好像都沒有瓦解(只有凍結一次),也沒有尾隨它到來源處。

要夢瓦解,其實你不能想成《全面啟動》那樣,說瓦解不如說消散,或者你離開,可以感受到該場景的淡出,畫面很像《似曾相識》李察發現該死的美金銅板提醒他來自的年代,他急速抽離他出體所到的幾十年前時,從他的角度來看女主角,就好像在一個黑洞裡,然後越來越遠。我的經歷差不多像這樣,離開一個場景時回眸望,就像是只剩下對焦的景物(譬如說一個客廳)慢慢拉遠,四周是無盡的黑,一直到場景整個消失在無盡的黑中。

Don Juan refused to explain the topic any further. He went back to discussing my dreaming experience and said that, all in all, he had to take my dream as being my first genuine attempt at dreaming, and that this meant I had succeeded in reaching the first gate of dreaming.

唐望拒絕就這話題進一步解釋,他回頭討論我的做夢經驗然後說,從各方面來看,他必須把我的夢當成我第一次真正嘗試在做夢,這表示我已經成功達到做夢的第一關。

(2011/09/14 01:31AM 修正)
SW
系統管理員

卡斯塔尼達《做夢的藝術》校譯版 (2)-8

文章SW » 2012-03-13, 17:15

During another discussion, at a different time, he abruptly brought up the subject again. He said, "I'm going to repeat what you must do in your dreams in order to pass the first gate of dreaming. First you must focus your gaze on anything of your choice as the starting point. Then shift your gaze to other items and look at them in brief glances. Focus your gaze on as many things as you can. Remember that if you glance only briefly, the images don't shift. Then go back to the item you first looked at."

在不同時間的另一次討論中,他突然又提起這話題。他說:「我要再講一遍,在你夢中你一定要做些什麼才能通過做夢的第一關。首先你必須將你的目光集中於任何你選中作為出發點的項目上,然後轉而注視其他項目,並以短暫的瞥視來看。盡你可能把你目光聚焦在越多的項目上越好。記住,你的瞥視若只有短時間,影像就不會變換,然後再回到你最初注視的項目。」

"What does it mean to pass the first gate of dreaming?"
"We reach the first gate of dreaming by becoming aware that we are falling asleep, or by having, like you did, a gigantically real dream. Once we reach the gate, we must cross it by being able to sustain the sight of any item of our dreams."
"I can almost look steadily at the items of my dreams, but they dissipate too quickly."

「通過做夢的第一關是什麼意思?」
「藉由覺察到我們正在入睡,我們達到做夢的第一關,或者像你所做的,夢到一個龐大真實的夢。一旦我們達到關口,我們必須藉由能夠維持住我們夢裡任何項目的情況(sight),來通過這一關。」
「我幾乎可以穩定地看著我夢中的項目了,只是它們消散得太快。」

"This is precisely what I am trying to tell you. In order to offset the evanescent quality of dreams, sorcerers have devised the use of the starting point item. Every time you isolate it and look at it, you get a surge of energy, so at the beginning don't look at too many things in your dreams. Four items will suffice. Later on, you may enlarge the scope until you can cover all you want, but as soon as the images begin to shift and you feel you are losing control, go back to your starting point item and start all over again."

「這正是我想要告訴你的。為了彌補夢的幻滅特質,巫士發明了出發點項目的使用。每次你隔離它並看著它時,你會得到能量的激增,所以一開始不要在你夢裡看太多東西,四樣就夠了。隨後你可以擴大範圍,直到你可以涵蓋所有你想看的,但只要影像開始變化,而你覺得自己正失去控制時,就回到你的出發點項目並重新開始。」

"Do you believe that I really reached the first gate of dreaming, don Juan?"
"You did, and that's a lot. You'll find out, as you go along, how easy it'll be to do dreaming now"
I thought don Juan was either exaggerating or giving me incentive. But he assured me he was being on the level.

「你相信我真的達到做夢的第一關嗎?」
「你達到了,而那很多囉。以後你會發現,當你繼續下去,現在做夢會有多容易。」
我想唐望不是誇大就是在激勵我,但他向我保證他很誠實。

"The most astounding thing that happens to dreamers," he said, "is that, on reaching the first gate, they also reach the energy body."
"What exactly is the energy body?"
"It's the counterpart of the physical body. A ghostlike configuration made of pure energy."
"But isn't the physical body also made out of energy?"
"Of course it is. The difference is that the energy body has only appearance but no mass. Since it's pure energy, it can perform acts that are beyond the possibilities of the physical body."

「發生在做夢者身上最驚人的事,」他說:「就是達到第一關時,他們也達到了能量體。」
「能量體到底是什麼?」
「它是肉體的對等部分,由純所能量組成類似鬼的型態。」
「但肉體不也是由能量組成的嗎?」
「它當然是啊,差別在於能量體只有外形而沒有量體。既然它是純能量,它可以表現的行動超越了肉體的可能性。」

"Such as what for example, don Juan?"
"Such as transporting itself in one instant to the ends of the universe. And dreaming is the art of tempering the energy body, of making it supple and coherent by gradually exercising it.
"Through dreaming we condense the energy body until it's a unit capable of perceiving. Its perception, although affected by our normal way of perceiving the daily world, is an independent perception. It has its own sphere."

「例如像什麼,唐望?」
「例如一瞬間把自己傳送到宇宙的盡頭。而做夢是藉由慢慢地鍛鍊能量體,調伏它、使它變得靈活協調的藝術。
「透過做夢,我們練就能量體成為一個能夠感知的單位,儘管受到我們感知日常世界方式的影響,它的知覺卻是一個獨立的知覺,它有它自己的範疇。」

"What is that sphere, don Juan?"
"Energy. The energy body deals with energy in terms of energy. There are three ways in which it deals with energy in dreaming: it can perceive energy as it flows, or it can use energy to boost itself like a rocket into unexpected areas, or it can perceive as we ordinarily perceive the world." "What does it mean to perceive energy as it flows?"
"What does it mean to perceive energy as it flows?"
"It means to see. It means that the energy body sees energy directly as a light or as a vibrating current of sorts or as a disturbance. Or it feels it directly as a jolt or as a sensation that can even be pain."

「那個範疇是什麼?」
「能量。就能量來說,能量體處理能量。在做夢中能量體處理能量有三種方式:當能量流動時它能感知得到;或者它可以用能量推動它自己——像火箭一樣,進入意想不到的地帶;或者它可以像我們平常感知這個世界般地感知。」
「當能量流動時它能感知得到是什麼意思?」
「那意指去看見。它是指能量體可以直接看見能量如一道光,或如某種振動波,或是像一種干擾。或者它直接作為一震,或是像一種覺受,那甚至還會痛。」
SW
系統管理員

卡斯塔尼達《做夢的藝術》校譯版 (2)-9

文章SW » 2012-03-13, 17:15

"What about the other way you talked about, don Juan? The energy body using energy as a boost."
"Since energy is its sphere, it is no problem for the energy body to use currents of energy that exist in the universe to propel itself. All it has to do is isolate them, and off it goes with them."
He stopped talking and seemed to be undecided, as if he wanted to add something but was not sure about it. He smiled at me, and, just as I was beginning to ask him a question, he continued his explanation.

「你談到的另一種方式是什麼,唐望?能量體把能量當成火箭來用。」
「由於能量是它的範疇,使用存在於宇宙中的能量流來推動自己,對能量體來說毫無問題。它只要把那些能量流隔離出來,然後用它們上路。」
他停止說話,似乎還沒決定是否要補充什麼但又不確定。他對我笑笑,然後我正準備問他一個問題時,他又繼續他的解釋。

"I've mentioned to you before that sorcerers isolate in their dreams scouts from other realms," he said. "Their energy bodies do that. They recognize energy and go for it. But it isn't desirable for dreamers to indulge in searching for scouts. I was reluctant to tell you about it, because of the facility with which one can get swayed by that search."

「之前我跟你提到,巫士在他們夢中隔離出從其他領域來的斥候,」他說,「是由他們的能量體來做的,能量體能認出能量並追求它。但做夢者耽溺於搜尋斥候並不是一件好事,我很不情願告訴你這個,因為對此的熟練程度,一個人會被那個搜尋帶偏了。」

Don Juan then quickly went on to another subject. He carefully outlined for me an entire block of practices. At the time, I found that on one level it was all incomprehensible to me, yet on another it was perfectly logical and understandable. He reiterated that reaching, with deliberate control, the first gate of dreaming is a way of arriving at the energy body. But to maintain that gain is predicated on energy alone. Sorcerers get that energy by redeploying, in a more intelligent manner, the energy they have and use for perceiving the daily world.

接著唐望很快轉移到其他話題。他仔細為我概要出一整套的練習。在當時,我發現在一個層面我是完全不懂,然而在另一個層面又覺得非常切合邏輯也可以理解。他再次重申,以刻意的控制達到做夢的第一關,是到達能量體的一個途徑,但要保持住那個成果,則完全基於能量而定。巫士以更聰明的方式,重新分配他們所擁有並用來感知日常世界的能量,才得到那份能量的。

When I urged don Juan to explain it more clearly, he added that we all have a determined quantity of basic energy. That quantity is all the energy we have, and we use all of it for perceiving and dealing with our engulfing world. He repeated various times, to emphasize it, that there is no more energy for us anywhere and, since our available energy is already engaged, there is not a single bit left in us for any extraordinary perception, such as dreaming.

當我央求唐望解釋得更清楚一點時,他補充說,我們都有基本能量的既定量,這數量就是我們所有的能量,而我們把這些全用於感知和處理席捲我們的世界。他重複好幾遍作為強調,我們沒有任何地方再有多餘的能量,因為我們可用的能量都已被預訂,沒有一丁點留下來讓我們用於任何特異的感知,譬如做夢。

"Where does that leave us?" I asked.
"It leaves us to scrounge energy for ourselves, wherever we can find it," he replied.
Don Juan explained that sorcerers have a scrounging method. They intelligently redeploy their energy by cutting down anything they consider superfluous in their lives. They call this method the sorcerers' way. In essence, the sorcerers' way, as don Juan put it, is a chain of behavioral choices for dealing with the world, choices much more intelligent than those our progenitors taught us. These sorcerers' choices are designed to revamp our lives by altering our basic reactions about being alive.

「它留給我們的在哪?」我問。
「它留給我們為自己四處尋找能量,從任何我們可以找得到的地方。」他回答。
唐望解釋說,巫士有一套搜集的方法。他們藉由去掉任何他們認為在他們生活中不必要的事物,聰明地重新分配他們的能量,他們稱此方法為巫士行徑(sorcerers' way)。實質上,巫士行徑——如唐望所說的那樣——是一系列應付這世界的行為選擇,這些選擇要比我們先祖教導我們的更為明智。透過修改我們面臨活著的基本反應,這些巫士的選擇被設計來改造我們的生活。

"What are those basic reactions?" I asked.
"There are two ways of facing our being alive," he said. "One is to surrender to it, either by acquiescing to its demands or by fighting those demands. The other is by molding our particular life situation to fit our own configurations."
"Can we really mold our life situation, don Juan?"
"One's particular life situation can be molded to fit one's specifications," don Juan insisted. "Dreamers do that. A wild statement? Not really, if you consider how little we know about ourselves."

「那些基本反應是什麼?」我問。
「面對我們活著有兩種方式,」他說,「一種是向它投降,不是默許它的要求,就是對抗那些要求;另一種方式則是塑造我們特定的生活情況,以符合我們的結構。」
「我們真的能塑造我們的生活情況嗎,唐望?」
「一個人特定的生活情況可以被塑造以符合其規格,」唐望堅持道,「做夢者都這樣做,這說法很瘋狂嗎?不見得,如果你考量到我們對我們自己所知有多麼的少。」

He said that his interest, as a teacher, was to get me thoroughly involved with the themes of life and being alive; that is to say, with the difference between life, as a consequence of biological forces, and the act of being alive, as a matter of cognition.

他說身為一個老師,他的興趣在於讓我徹底投入生活及活著兩主題;也就是說,生活——生物力量的後果,與活著的行動——攸關感知,兩者間的差別。
SW
系統管理員

卡斯塔尼達《做夢的藝術》校譯版 (2)-10

文章SW » 2012-03-13, 17:16

"When sorcerers talk about molding one's life situation," don Juan explained, "they mean molding the awareness of being alive. Through molding this awareness, we can get enough energy to reach and sustain the energy body, and with it we can certainly mold the total direction and consequences of our lives."

「當巫士談到塑造生活情況時,」唐望解釋,「他們是指塑造活著的覺察(awareness)。透過塑造這個覺察,我們得到足夠的能量能夠達到並維持能量體,而以這能量體,我們當然就能塑造我們生活的整體方向及後果。」

Don Juan ended our conversation about dreaming admonishing me not merely to think about what he had told me but to turn his concepts into a viable way of life by a process of repetition. He claimed that everything new in our lives, such as the sorcerers' concepts he was teaching me, must be repeated to us to the point of exhaustion before we open ourselves to it. He pointed out that repetition is the way our progenitors socialized us to function in the daily world.

唐望結束我們關於做夢的談話,告誡我不僅要想想他所告訴我的,還要藉由重複的過程,把他的思想變成可實行的生活方式。他宣稱在我們生活中所有新的事物,就像他剛才教我的巫士思想,在我們打開自己接受它之前,必須對我們重複到筋疲力盡的程度。他指出,這種重複是我們祖先使我們在日常世界適於社會化功能的方式。

As I continued my dreaming practices, I gained the capability of being thoroughly aware that I was falling asleep as well as the capability of stopping in a dream to examine at will anything that was part of that dream's content. To experience this was for me no less than miraculous.

當我繼續我的做夢練習,我得到完全覺察我正在入睡的能力,以及能夠在夢中停下來,隨意檢視屬於該夢內容部分的任何東西。對我而言,經驗到此簡直是奇蹟。

Don Juan stated that as we tighten the control over our dreams, we tighten the mastery over our dreaming attention. He was right in saying that the dreaming attention comes into play when it is called, when it is given a purpose. Its coming into play is not really a process, as one would normally understand a process an ongoing system of operations or a series of actions or functions that bring about an end result. It is rather an awakening. Something dormant becomes suddenly functional.

唐望說明,在我們對我們夢的控制變得嚴密時,我們對我們做夢注意力的掌握也變得嚴密。他說得對,當做夢注意力受到召喚——當它被賦予一個目的時,它才開始起作用。它開始生效倒不是一種過程,如同人一般所知的過程,是個持續的操作系統,或是一系列的行動或作用,帶來一個最終的結果。它毋寧是種覺醒,休眠的什麼東西突然作用了起來。

(第二章翻譯完畢。都沒有掌聲也沒有回應。)
SW
系統管理員

做夢第一關的練習方式

文章SW » 2012-03-13, 17:17

翻譯貼了這麼多篇,只有一修回應。做夢者班早期註冊會員都到哪去了?

我跟已經轉向薩滿巫醫修習的做夢者班成員 Joyce 說,無論今天我在哪個領域修學,做夢(Dreaming)都是我唯一也是最有效的修行方式,也是我最勝任的。當我在佛法領域裡感到無力、煩雜到幾乎失去力量,我就會回來溫習「唐望」。
達到第一關不是很難,也不是很容易。看手可能是個明顯指標,但最關鍵的訓練在於覺察自己入睡。

一位師兄拉著我問了半個小時,我沒辦法教做夢,那要靠你自己有意識、有意志的努力。其實我官網「做夢者班」已經寫了很多了,簡言之,簡易有效的方式如下:

1. 睡法:兩段式睡眠,第一段睡飽五小時,起來活動一下,再去睡。因為睡飽了之後再睡,會睡得比較淺和輕(light) ,很容易有清明夢、半清明等級的夢。

2. 意願:用力的意願自己要覺察入睡(或是意願要出體)。保持無念,慢慢放鬆,以等待的心情,觀察自己入睡。資深佛友說無念看中脈,你可以將注意力放在心輪。

3. 等待:於你觀察自己的這份注意力會持續到肉體睡著,試試揮動你的手,如果揮得動,那表示你還沒睡著;覺得手有千金重,表示你還睡不夠熟,就繼續等待,稍候再試。

4. 試探:等身體完全睡著,你揮動手覺得動,但動的不是你的肉體而是做夢體,這時你就可以「出體」。

5. 出體:試著拔出來,由於肉體的禁錮,一開始的過程都在拔出體的掙扎,不管你有撕裂或斷開或什麼銀帶還什麼帶綁著,不用管,無論什麼姿勢能出來睡覺的身體就好。

6. 維持:一開始的做夢體必須像嬰兒一樣學習,不過首先面對的是你的做夢注意力。若你確實在你的房間從床上那個身體出來,首先確認你的房間。一開始影像極不穩定,好像跟你之間會有拉鋸,因為你還不熟悉聚合點移動後的聚合,你要極力維持住你房間的影像。這第一課。

7. 看手:你可以加入看手,使你初生的做夢注意力得以穩定。由於出來的是你的房間,你對景物再熟悉不過,你可以試著快速檢視房間內一切內容物,如果有不對的地方試著想出來、變出來。(由於此時的影像純粹是能量的聚合,你不能聚合就顯現不出來。)這第二課。做夢注意力渙散或你快要失去視覺就回來看手。你也可以看手一次看房間一點,再看手、再看房間另一點,如此以看手交錯進行觀察房間這件事。

8. 準備換景:當然這時候你已經在房間走動,要認清做夢體不是靠腳行走,最便捷的移動方式是飛行。上面玩盡你房間之後,做夢注意力也差不多穩固,我們就要練習再次移動聚合點。朝窗或門衝出去,離開第一個場景。之後去哪裡不管,眼睛一閉就往外衝,所有景物不是能量就是投射,兩者都不是堅固的實質物,所以沒有東西可以阻攔你。

以上是直接出體的方式。其實這樣已經差不多要達到第二關了,也就是換景。第一關可以練習好幾個月。

9. 營養及能量:平常多吃優質蛋白質,減少消耗能量之日常事物、節制情緒和與人交往,才有能量能夠夢修。

為什麼以直接出體夢修最快?因為作夢時不一定是你熟悉的環境,你的控制力相對而言就弱,也很容易被夢中情境和人物拉跑。如果你能從直接出體訓練到換景,那麼一般夢中清明時就不是問題,否則就我們做夢者班幾年的觀察成員下來,透過夢中出體的做夢能力成績最不穩定,很容易退轉,似乎也是沒有先達到觀察自己入睡這個第一關的基礎。
SW
系統管理員

Re: A Dreamer/practioner 之謬思;《做夢的藝術》重新翻譯

文章musicopen » 2012-06-29, 10:26

這是對於最後一貼“做夢第一關的練習方式”提出的問題。

關於第二點“意願”,即是觀察自己入睡,我有類似的經驗。不過並非很單純地什麼都不想、不看地等待入睡。因為我發現,每當我進入比較放鬆的狀態的時候,我的眉心就會開始出現映像(閉上眼睛看到的額頭後方有映像)。映像有時黑白,有時彩色,有時靜有時動。它們會是各種各樣的內容。映像的出現就像是在我的眉心那裡打開的窗戶所看到的風景,因此和夢境是不同的;夢境是全象的。看著這些映像,我整個人都會變得十分放鬆,同時也可以變得很專注。在全神貫注而放鬆地觀看著這些映像的時候,感覺身體和精神也被注入了能量。當看到自然風光,前所未見的宏偉建築,又或者是泰山日出的壯觀景象時,我的感覺變更會更加愉悅。不過重點是,當在睡覺的時候觀看這些映像,看著看著就會一下子滑入了“夢”。那些窗口般大小的映像就會不知道什麼時候變成了全景全象的,就像夢一樣。而就在這個變化的時候,我感覺我自己是失去了意識的。當“夢”完成了,或者我忽然意識到自己睡著了、失去了意識了,就會一下子醒過來。

我想問的是,那些“夢”真的是夢嗎?這樣觀看眉心映像的方式能否算是一種觀察自己入睡的方法呢?
musicopen

文章SW » 2012-06-29, 14:37

musicopen 寫:我想問的是,那些“夢”真的是夢嗎?這樣觀看眉心映像的方式能否算是一種觀察自己入睡的方法呢?

如果你有看我的每月出體記錄,有不少是透過觀看映象、進入夢境、然後出體的。看到映象而未完全睡著時,這裡有兩條路走(兩種選擇):

1. 試著進入夢,然後離開。可以用晃手看看自己身體進來夢境了沒,當然進來夢境後,夢就是 360 度全像式(全景式);你若沒有入夢,夢就是透過你的意識心觀察到的一格景窗。

2. 有時候無法進入夢,但你仍然具有意識,有映象出現表示你的身體已經很放鬆屬於催眠狀態,這時也可以直接離開身體出來,便是直接出體。

以上從醒著,觀察到映象的催眠狀態,然後等待入睡身體與意識脫離(不管是入夢還是直接出體),你沒有喪失你的醒時意識且是完全連貫的,這全程才叫做觀察自己入睡。
SW
系統管理員

Re:

文章musicopen » 2012-07-01, 15:49

SW 寫:
musicopen 寫:我想問的是,那些“夢”真的是夢嗎?這樣觀看眉心映像的方式能否算是一種觀察自己入睡的方法呢?

如果你有看我的每月出體記錄,有不少是透過觀看映象、進入夢境、然後出體的。看到映象而未完全睡著時,這裡有兩條路走(兩種選擇):

1. 試著進入夢,然後離開。可以用晃手看看自己身體進來夢境了沒,當然進來夢境後,夢就是 360 度全像式(全景式);你若沒有入夢,夢就是透過你的意識心觀察到的一格景窗。

2. 有時候無法進入夢,但你仍然具有意識,有映象出現表示你的身體已經很放鬆屬於催眠狀態,這時也可以直接離開身體出來,便是直接出體。

以上從醒著,觀察到映象的催眠狀態,然後等待入睡身體與意識脫離(不管是入夢還是直接出體),你沒有喪失你的醒時意識且是完全連貫的,這全程才叫做觀察自己入睡。

“若沒有入夢,夢就是透過意識心觀察到的一格景窗。”這句話說得很在理啊。

對於這個觀看眉心映像的方式,自己用起來雖然很不費力,但是每次都十分容易睡著覺。有時候甚至是因為為了看到映像,然後就把注意力集中在“看映像”的這件事情上面。我感覺自己在這裡好像偏離了唐望的“意願”的做法,但同時我又不得不承認這個“看映像”的方式能快速而有效地讓我接近睡夢狀態。不知道老師你對此有何看法?唐望所謂的“意願” (intend)的核心是什麼?

另外一方面,我感覺出體對我來說是比較容易的事情。只要我使用睡眠時間控制--譬如說睡夠7個小時,醒來,過了以短時間後再睡回籠覺--很快就可以出體。而有時候在晚上睡覺的過程中也會很自然地醒過來,但是是進入了“鬼壓床”的那種醒過來,然後也可以出體。更甚至有兩次是在半睡半醒間命令自己出體而出體成功的。不過由於個人對出體的恐懼,所以很少專注在出體的事情上。同時,我也不知道為什麼就是想先嫻熟地掌握好清明夢然後再練習出體。
musicopen

上一頁下一頁

回到 夢修心得、閱讀札記及翻譯

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 12 位訪客